Saturday, October 5, 2013

Halloween Hootenanny - First Impressions: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Fran Rubel Kuzui, 1992)


I've been knee deep in vampires since around this time yesterday, when I started my Vampire-a-thon (write up coming some time this month), and as I've currently got a slight moviethon hangover, I felt in need of a cooling off movie when I finally woke up around lunch time today. And seeing as I'll be checking out another Joss Whedon scripted flick later tonight (The Cabin in the Woods), this seemed like the ideal choice. I've never seen it or the TV series (apart from maybe one or two episodes, and that was years ago), so I've no idea what to expect here, though the posters and year are giving me a general idea...


Yup, this certainly smells like the early 90s people... but I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing... in fact, as I was probably about 7 years old when this movie would have come out, I'm a sucker when it comes to nostalgia for anything from this era, and that includes things I've never seen before. 


As I'm far from compus mentis today there's not much I can say about this movie for now. But I'd say it's worth a watch; probably nothing that'll stick around in my memory for too long, but good fun nonetheless, and an ideal one to end the preceding 24 hours of vampire shenanigans. Finally, there's plenty of familiar faces populating this one to keep an eye out for, including Rutger Hauer, Paul Reubens, Donald Sutherland and, um Luke Perry. That's all I've got for now folks... if anything else occurs to me in the next few hours I'll add a quick postscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment